Thursday, September 14, 2017

Palmetto Tat Days 2017 ~ threads

I told myself I wasn't going to buy any thread. There's no way in the world I can possibly use the thread that I had on hand before attending Tat Days. However, when beautiful colors hit you smack dab between the eyes, all attempts at maintaining will power fly out the window.


I absolutely love hand-dyed thread! I first became addicted to it when Marilee Rockley started dyeing around the time I began blogging. The hand dyeing process does something to the thread that makes it even more wonderful to use. These gorgeous colors are from Snapdragon Lace.


I also adore Karey Solomon's colors. I chose some in sizes 20, 30, and 40. I can hardly wait to use them!


If you saw my thread stash, you'd be asking me why in the world I was buying more Lizbeth thread. The quick answer is, I just can't resist the colors! The three blues on the bottom left were actually in my blue prize basket, or maybe it was just two of them. Can't you just picture these colors tatted up into Ice Drops?


Lisa Adams of Tatting Corner had some Penny Thread. I already had some, but again, the colors were hard to resist! I've been wanting to work with metallic threads, and luckily there were several colors to choose from. Lisa sure knows how to tempt tatters with goodies!


Today was a full sub day. Three days in one week has worn me out! Still, because of subbing I had time to tat another Ice Drop. When I got home, I discovered another Ice Drop in the bottom of my bag that I had tatted on the way home. So, I have two to show today!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! With all those colors(and I am sure tons more) I would have been in trouble!! Can't wait to see all the gorgeous tatted projects that emerge from those threads!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is that I didn't think I had purchased much thread. With buying a little here and a little there, I wound up with a really good stash!

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean, Diane. Who could resist. I have the same problem now, but with eye shadow palettes. I don't use them everyday but threads, you tat every day, don't you. Purchase justified!!😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! At least I controlled myself... I did not buy one of each color!

      Delete
  3. Oh I can see those threads are completely irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a struggle. I'd pick up one that I had to have, then I'd see another... and another... and another. Sigh!

      Delete
  4. Can you see a tinge of green here - that's me starting to feel a bit jealous ;-P
    Enjoy your stash !!!
    Sometimes it helps to not have much of a choice - it becomes it's own limitation. But I'd prefer access to a wide range any day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep doing the same thing...i pkan not to purchase more but end up doing it anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh - beautiful thread! I completely understand about the beautiful colors - it goes for thread AND fabric. Both of which I have more than I can ever use, but will not apologize for buying more, ha ha! Have fun with that beautiful collection!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!